They Said Coconut Oil Was Great For You, But This Is What They Didn’t Tell You…
The amazing part it that there are different products associated with coconut and thus it can be used in many ways. After late 90’s the importance of coconut has picked up a really ground. Now the health benefits of coconut are spreading widely in the world.
The popular version of coconut oil includes:
- Coconut Milk and Cream
- Coconut Soya Sauce
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Water
- Coconut Oil
You must be curious to know why coconut is so beneficial for our health and which ingredients in coconut makes it so useful for human beings. So, you can go for any of these products to gain maximum health benefits. Let’s get into details about coconut.
Fatty acids are considered as the most beneficial compound in coconut flesh. In medical terms, Coconut (C. Nucifera) is identified as an ingredient from Arecaceae (Palmae) family with a subfamily of Cocoideae. The type and processing of oil decide the composition of fat. Coconut oil consists of 90% of medium-chain saturated fatty acids and some amount of poly-unsaturated fatty acids and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
What’s so good about Medium Chain Fatty Acids?
Natural form of coconut oil which is delicious, readily available and quite affordable. Here are some properties of coconut oil which makes it a superfood as well.
- Improves nutrient absorption (easily digestible; makes fat-based vitamins more available to the body – ie. vitamin A, D, E, K)
- Anti-carcinogenic (It enhances the immune system and prevents the spread of cancer cells in the body)
- Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting (viruses, bacteria, yeast, parasites, fungi, and protozoa)
- Nontoxic to humans and animals
- An antioxidant (protects the body against free-radical formation and damage)
13 way of uses of coconut oil: